Presbytery of Yukon
(Presbyterian Church U.S.A.)
Barrow Album Photo Index
- Warren Matumeak and the Utqiagvik Presbyterian Church Choir
- The Rev. James Nageak, Mrs. Mary Akootchook, the Rev. Isaac Akootchook, Rex Okakok, the Rev. Timothy Gologergen, Mrs. Anna Gologergen, and the Rev. Mary Ann Warden, following the ordination of the Revs. Akootchook and Gologergen.
- Linda Gologergen of Nome leading in the examination committee.
- The Rev. and Mrs. Timothy Gologergen of Nome
- The Rev. and Mrs. Isaac Akootchook of Kaktovik
- Sallie Cueresma, Native Ministries Division, Presbyterian Church USA
- Mary McQuillen, Synod of Alaska/Northwest Native American Consulting Committee,Vera Kanashira, Jewel Lake Parish, Anchorage, and Lou Deer, member of General Assembly Task Force on Native Ministry.
- The Altar at Utqiagvik Presbyterian Church, Barrow
- Logos Youth Group helping with evening offering: LoBeth "Kuutuuq" Olemaun (daughter of Nate and Ida Olemaun), Ray Kious (son of John and Clara Kious), Betsy Aveoganna (daughter of Ray and Mary Jane Aveoganna), and Annie Ahsoak (daughter of Mark P. and Marie H. Ahsoak).
- Logos Youth helping with commemorative T-shirt sales: Nicole, Jordan, and Christina Jeffery, children of Judge Mike and Esther Jeffery.
- Herbert Akpik, member of Utqiagvik Presbyterian Church
- Nate Olemaun, Jr., Elder, Utqiagvik Presbyterian Church
- Mark Ahsoak, Jr., member of Utqiavik Presbyterian Church
- Judge Mike and Esther Jeffery, members of Utqiagvik Presbyterian Church
- The Revs. Mary Ann Warden and James Nageak of Barrow.
- Lawrence "Savik" Ahmaogak, Elder, Utqiagvik Presbyterian Church, and the Rev. R. Michael Stewart, Pastor, Utqiagvik Presbyterian. Savik is the Rev. Roy Ahmaogak's son.
- Mrs. Bonnie Wartes, wife of the late Rev. William Wartes. The Wartes served the Utqiagvik Presbyterian Church in the 1950s.
- Perusing The Yukon Presbyterian: An Unauthorized Biography featuring 100 Years of Work in the Northern Parts of Alaska, published in honor of the anniversary of the establishment of the Yukon Presbytery. The Revs. David Dobler, Janice Stamper, Jay OlsonKetchum, and Dan Ketchum.
- Footwashing ceremony honoring the retirement of the Rev. Gene Straatmeyer, February 27, 1999. Participating were the Revs. Curt Karns of New Hope Church, North Pole, James Nageak of Barrow, Mrs. Jean Straatmeyer, the Rev. Mary Ann Warden of Barrow, Elder Mable Hopson of Fairbanks, and Rex Okakok of Barrow. Karns, Nageak, Warden and Okakok had all served as ministerial interns under Straatmeyer.
- "Women of St. Lawrence Island" in attendance at the ordination of Timothy Gologergen. The Rev. Mary Ann Warden (actually of Barrow), Susan Campbell, Beulah Nowpakahok and granddaughter Eva of Anchorage, (need help identifying next woman), Vera Kanashira , Pat Pickett and Verna Bock, all now of Anchorage.
- Rex Okakok of the Utqiagvik Presbyterian Church
- The Rev. James Nageak of the Utqiagvik Presbyterian Church
- The Rev. George Gilchrist, pastor, Trinity Presbyterian Church, Anchorage
- The Rev. Neil Munro, Presbytery of Yukon executive, retired, now of Spokane, WA
- The Revs. Curt Karns, pastor, New Hope Presbyterian/Methodist Church, North Pole, and Judith McQuiston, pastor, Chapel in the Mountains, Anaktuvuk Pass.
- David B. Joachim, board president, New Wilmington Missionary Conference, PA and the Rev. David Bleivik, pastor, First Presbyterian Church, Anchorage
- The Rev. Ken Smith, retired, now of Surprise, AZ, and Elder Don Pollock, United Protestant Church, Palmer
- The Revs. Andy Ekblad, pastor, First Presbyterian Church, Fairbanks, and Tim Carrick, pastor, United Protestant Church, Palmer
- The Revs. Leisa and Tim Carrick, co-pastors, United Protestant Church, Palmer
- Mitzi and David Shinen, Wycliffe Bible Translators, St. Lawrence Island, and Elder Vince Vitale, First Presbyterian Church, Anchorage
- The Rev. Piper Bush Cartland, associate pastor, First Presbyterian Church, Anchorage
- The Rev. Dean Knapp, pastor, Eagle River Presbyterian Church, Eagle River, and retired pastor of the Eagle River church, Ken Smith.
- Beulah Nowpakahok and granddaughter Eva, Jewel Lake Parish, Anchorage.
- Elder delegate from St. Lawrence Island
- Sharon Ryat, Jewel Lake Parish, Anchorage
- Tracee Hackel, student intern, First Presbyterian Church, Wasilla, and Elder Howard Lowery, also Wasilla. The Rev. Andy Ekblad one row back.
- Elder Jeff Brunsdon, First Presbyterian Church, Fairbanks, and David Van Dam, presbytery executive, Presbytery of Makinac, Michigan.
- Elder Dick Branton, Palmer, the Rev. Neil Munro, retired presbytery executive, Spokane, WA, and Elder Sandra Wagenius, Eagle River.
- Elder Vince Vitale, First Presbyterian Church, Anchorage.
- Ruth Benson, Moderator, Synod of Alaska/Northwest, and Arlayne Knox, Moderator, Presbytery of Yukon
- David Dobler, Executive Presbyter
- Mary Kron, Presbytery Treasurer
- Mary Jane Landstrom, Stated Clerk
- Sandy Willoughby, Presbytery Secretary
- Mrs. Alice Branton, organist
- Tim Carrick, incoming moderator , Yukon Presbytery, Palmer; Homer Nye, executive for Makinaw Presbytery, Michigan; Dolly Jenson, Alaska Presbytery moderator, Ketchikan; and Arlayne Knox,Yukon Presbytery moderator, Fairbanks
- Sunday School Superintendent Bonnie Nageak, Utqiagvik Presbyterian Church, Barrow, and students
- Gary Skinner, executive, Synod of Alaska/Northwest
- North Slope Borough Mayor Ben Nageak, Elder, Utqiagvik Presbyterian Church, and Mary McQuillen, Synod of Alaska/Northwest Native American Consulting Committee
- The Rev. Janice Stamper, Jewel Lake Parish, Anchorage, and Heather Smith, Commissioned Lay Pastor, Trinity Presbyterian Church, Anchorage
- Native Village of Barrow, Inupiat Traditional Government, transportation
- Registration for Women's Gathering: Marjorie Ahnapkana, Helen Tukle, Vera Kanashira, Mildred Leavitt, Martha Pollock and Jessie DeVries.
- Women Honor Elders of the North Slope: Martha Aiken, Bertha Leavitt, Maria Brower Ahgeak, and Mary Lou Aiken Leavitt. Joanne Bantz, president of Presbyterian Women, far right.
- Maria Brower Ahgeak and Bonnie Wartes
- Jessie DeVries, Palmer, and Betty Kignik, Atqasuk
- Bertha Leavitt, Martha Aiken, Mildred Leavitt, all of Barrow
- Martha Pollock, Palmer, Denise Wartes, Fairbanks, and Edith Ewing, Anchorage
- Kate Aiken, Atqasuk, and Eva Reese, Anchorage
- Jeannette Gaul, Anchorage, and Nan Blackburn, Fairbanks
- Mildred Livesay and Joanne Bantz, Anchorage, and Roula Stuart, Barrow
- The Flight Home: Jessie DeVries, Palmer, and Patricia Pickett, Anchorage
Click to Return to Yukon Presbytery Index